So, you’re looking for a lawyer because you’re considering a CPAP lawsuit. Or, you might have suffered harm after taking a prescription drug or over-the-counter medications. During your research, you’ve noticed that most of the attorneys you’re considering offer a free case evaluation. What, exactly, does that mean, and what can you expect?
The attorneys with the McEwen Law Firm would like to share some information on what a free evaluation is all about. If you would like to schedule one, please call (800) 732-3070 or contact us online. We’ll tell you how we’ll work to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for the suffering you’ve experienced. Here’s everything that happens during a free case evaluation.
You’ll Tell Your Story
Think of the free case evaluation as a “get to know you” kind of meeting. You’ll get your first impression of the attorney, while they’ll get a good idea of the strengths and weaknesses of your case.
The free case evaluation will allow you to share how you’ve suffered harm. As a result, you’ll want to come prepared. Write down all the details of what happened – the harm you suffered, the drug or product you used, how long and how often you used it, etc. Also, provide specific details of the injuries you suffered.
The better prepared you are, the better the chances your evaluation will be productive.
During Your Free Case Evaluation We’ll Ask Clarifying Questions
The best way to provide effective representation – and to help you get the money you deserve in the process – will be to find out as much as we can about your case. That means we’ll ask you a lot of questions. Some of these may seem personal. But we’re not trying to be nosy – we’re trying to get as clear an understanding as possible of what happened.
Questions we may ask include the following:
- Have you sought medical treatment?
- If so, what kind of treatment have you received?
- When did you get that treatment?
- What kinds of financial losses have you suffered?
- Can you work because of your health condition?
- If you can’t, how long have you not worked?
We’ll Give You Our Thoughts
Once you’ve provided the details of your case and answered our questions, we’ll tell you whether or not we can help. We’ll tell you whether or not you have a strong case and, if so, how we can help you win. You’ll also learn how we’ve handled cases similar to yours in the past.
You should know that when you schedule a free case evaluation with the McEwen Law Firm, no one with our office will ever make you feel pressured to hire us. If you speak to an attorney with another firm, look for another one if that ever happens. You should always feel at ease, never intimidated.
You’ll Have Time to Ask Any Questions You’d Like
No free case evaluation should ever be a one-way street, of course. We want you to be comfortable working with us, so we’ll gladly answer any questions, and we encourage you to do so. The following are just a few of the questions you should consider asking.
- How will you charge me? – Some attorneys will charge by the hour or require a client to pay an upfront fee. That won’t happen with the McEwen Law Firm. We won’t charge anything unless you win.
- What area of the law is your main focus? – If you’re hiring a law firm, you want one with significant experience in similar cases. For example, you don’t want to hire a car accident attorney for a pharmaceutical drug case.
- What’s your track record of success? – You should immediately look for another attorney if the one you’re speaking with hesitates when answering this question. Even though a strong track record won’t guarantee victory, it will speak volumes regarding the attorney’s expertise.
We’ll Explain the Rest of the Process
The next step will be giving you an idea of what to expect going forward if you hire our firm. Here’s a very brief look at some things we’ll do on your behalf.
- First, we’ll investigate how you suffered harm, uncovering the proof necessary to make your case its strongest. The investigation will also determine all the parties liable for your injury.
- Once we establish liability, we’ll contact their insurance company (or companies if there are multiple liable parties) and demand compensation on your behalf.
- We’ll evaluate any settlement offer that the insurer presents and tell you whether or not it’s fair. Not only will we know your current financial losses (“damages” in legal terms), but we’ll also have a good idea of the damages you may incur in the future.
- If the settlement isn’t fair, we’ll negotiate with the insurer. If the company refuses to budge, we’ll take them to court.
After Your Free Case Evaluation We’ll Schedule a Time to Speak Again
Once the evaluation is complete, we’ll set up a time to talk further. If we agree to take your case – and you agree to hire our firm – we’ll give you an agreement to sign. Once that happens, we’ll get to work providing the aggressive representation it will take to give your case the best chance of succeeding.
If you choose the McEwen Law Firm to represent you, just relax and focus on your recovery. We’ll handle everything else. Your attorney will contact you regularly, keeping you updated on every development in your case.
Contact McEwen Law Firm to Schedule Your Free Case Evaluation Today
The attorneys with McEwen Law want to do everything we can to help you obtain maximum compensation for your injury. We hope to hear from you so we can provide you with a free case evaluation. We also hope you get in touch with us as soon as possible. The sooner you do, the earlier we can get to work.