Pelvic floor prolapse and urinary incontinence are both fairly common problems, especially for women after childbirth. Bard Inc. is one of the manufacturers that have created the Avaulta vaginal mesh implant, designed to help women with these problems. In 2010 alone there were an estimated 300,000 women that underwent a procedure to have a vaginal mesh implant; however, in 2011, the FDA published a public safety warning advising patients of the high failure rate and serious complications of the product.
Because of this, women across the country have faced life changing complications after being inserted with a vaginal mesh product, including the Bard Avaulta. Lawyers across the country are filing Bard Avaulta lawsuits on behalf of the women that have suffered the devastating health complications including the need for repeat surgeries. If you have been fitted with a Bard Avaulta vaginal mesh implant and have experienced a side effect of the product, then there is still time to contact a lawyer and discuss your legal rights.
Bard Avaulta Vaginal Mesh Lawsuit
It has been suggested that Bard Inc. were actually aware of the complications of vaginal mesh products but failed to advertise and provide a warning on their product. All medical manufacturers have a legal responsibility to warn patients of the risks involved and failure to do so can mean that the company is held liable for any suffering. Some of the side effects and health complications that come with vaginal mesh products include:
- Erosion – this happens when the mesh erodes into the vaginal walls and into other organs. Repeat surgery is needed to remove the product but often the damage has already been done.
- Perforation of the pelvic organs – the vaginal mesh implant is supposed to prevent pelvic organ prolapse but in some instances it can make it worst and can mean perforation of the organs as well as blood vessels and bowels. It can also result in continued urinary contingence.
- Pain and pressure
- Vaginal complications – vaginal complications include scarring, infections, bleeding and discharge all of which may not be corrected by another surgery.
Vaginal Mesh Lawsuits Filed Across the Country
In addition to Bard Inc. there are several other companies that manufacturer vaginal mesh products, including the pelvic mesh implant and the bladder sling. Some of the other vaginal mesh lawsuits being filed include:
- Boston Scientific Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit
- Coloplast Vaginal Mesh and Bladder Sling Lawsuit
- Mentor ObTape Lawsuit
- Ethicon Gynecare Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit
- American Medical Systems (AMS) Surgical Mesh Lawsuit
Contact a Vaginal Mesh Lawyer
Do not suffer in silence. There are currently both class action Bard Avaulta lawsuits as well as individual Bard Avaulta vaginal mesh lawsuits being filed across the country. The right type of lawsuit will depend on your individual circumstances and what side effects you have experienced. Speaking to an attorney can help make sense of the situation and provide you with compensation and closure to move forward. Please contact our 24 hour hotline at 1-800-732-3070 or fill in a form on the side of this page.